Monday 7 December 2009

December 6th (a day late)


Whoops... I know I said on Saturday that I wasn't going to worry about getting my videos up first thing in the morning, but I didn't mean to miss a whole day! Yesterday was lost in a blur of getting out of bed incredibly late, having to do the weekly food shop, talking to friends and family and watching good Sunday evening tv. I love this time of year, the tv seems to have so much to offer in the evening, and I find myself enjoying an evening or two of curling up on the sofa and watching tv, listening to the wind and rain outside and just chilling out.

I cannot help but be reminded at this time of year how very lucky we are to have a roof over our heads and food in our cupboards. Life has been far from easy for us this past year and a bit, but we are incredibly blessed to be loved and supported by so many, we always manage to get by (even if I do sometimes despair that we aren't getting anywhere!)

I have found that my poetry has sat unfinished this past week, due to spending time with family and friends and taking time to simply "be" and remember how lucky we are and how apparent misfortune can actually bring about changes which can bring about far more benefits and blessings than you could ever imagine. Having spent that time I now know I need to start cracking on finishing this series, and tomorrow I shall have the house to myself so I think it's time I started catching up and getting ahead if I can, because I am sure the closer Christmas comes the busier we shall be. But how thankful I am to have had some time to slow down and just live for a while, I do hope you are finding some time for that amongst the bustle of this busy season too.


2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Amanda,

I love all of your poem videos.

My favorite part about this post, though, is that you took the time to explain that you had taken some time out to just "be".

That's a great lesson for all... but especially for those with chronic illnesses (and especially at this busy time of year).

It is important to just be once in awhile.

Good for you! That's awesome!

Take your time with your writing. Try not to force things or put too much pressure on yourself.

Just "chill out" like you said and enjoy "being".

Jeanne

P.S. Yes "apparent misfortune" CAN bring about changes/benefits. You're right! :)

Jeanne said...

Amanda,

I forgot to mention it but I too am grateful that I have a roof over my head and food to eat. Sadly, not everyone is so fortunate.

Jeanne

Post a Comment